Job opportunity: Software/ Electrical Engineer
Founded in Nijmegen, The Netherlands in 1936, SMIT Thermal Solutions and Smit Technology Wuxi are leading suppliers of customized thermal equipment and processes for the photovoltaics, printed electronics and battery industries. SMIT’s core competences are not limited to thermal treatment, but include deposition processes using thermal evaporation, (PE)CVD and ALD for both rigid and flexible substrates. The Smit group is part of WIDG, a strong and state-owned company in China. Our team consists of around 60 people and currently have more than 3000 installations operating, including some 150 in the solar and battery industry.
Currently, we are looking for a Medior Software Engineer to join the SMIT family. The software engineering team needs support especially for testing, but as well for commissioning of our software requirement. Our projects are mainly installed in China/ Southeast Asia and North America. This position can be stationed in either Wuxi (China) or Son (the Netherlands).
In case of positioning in Wuxi, an internship in our headquarter will be arranged for a couple of months to learn our project oriented way of working and the latest knowledge of our system in an international working structure. Positioning in the Netherlands includes frequent travels to China, Southeast Asia and North America.
Essential job functions
- Starting and testing of production equipment
- Configuring machine network
- Adaptions of machine software for new and running productions tools
- Analyze and document machine software bugs and procedures
- Improve software process stability and operation
- Support service team for first and second line solving issues
- Working closely with clients and cross-functional departments to communicate project status and proposal
Skills and Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or electrical engineering with software strength
- 2+ years of software engineering or software development experience, preferably in OEM industries
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
- Interpersonal skills for working in an international, English speaking environment
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Working independently
- Working in a multidisciplinary team
- Entrepreneur in his field and way of working
- Hands-On and Can-Do mentality
- Skills for electrical and mechanical tasks
- Hands-on programming experience using relevant languages (PLC logicx, C#)
- .NET experience with C# and Codesys 3
- Experience using relevant tool suites (in example Scrumwise, redmine, 3D creo elements)
- Familiar with Fieldbus and networks such as Devicenet, Ethernet/IP (CIP protocol) and EtherCAT
- Stimulating, fast growing, dynamic and international work environment
- Personal growth and development
- Flexible working hours
Are you interested or need further information?
For Son, The Netherlands:
SMIT THERMAL SOLUTIONS B.V.
Ekkersrijt 4302, 5692 DH Son
Tel. +31 (0) 499 494 549
For Wuxi, China
SMIT Technology Wuxi
Xishan Avenue 529, Xishan District
21406 Wuxi, China
Tel.: +86 18505101227