Job opportunity: Software Architect
Smit Thermal Solutions is aiming to develop a scalable software platform for our current and future machine base. This software platform should be applicable on the whole product range of Smit-TS and apply to the state of art industry 4.0 standards where interconnection, information transparency, technical assistance and decentralized decisions are key.
As a Software Architect at Smit-TS you are responsible for defining the technical software road map in line with the overall product, process and system road map. You will lead the software team on a technical level and you are responsible for defining and deploying the architecture for the complete process of software development. You cooperate closely with architects and engineers from other disciplines and strategic (internal) customers in a multidisciplinary team.
Therefore, Smit-TS is looking for a software architect that can bring this software platform into reality by:
- Understanding the platform requirements by studying the organizations mission, goals, and business drivers;
- Taking the lead in determining the platform architecture, technology, and tools in consultation with the software team;
- Studying business operations and user-interface requirements;
- Maintaining the ownership of the software platform and keeping the lead in the development in detail;
- Contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews;
- Preparing and completing detailed action plans with budgets in mind;
- Take the lead in implementing production and quality standards;
- Constantly improving the architecture by tracking emerging technologies;
- Constantly updating the job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities;
- Constantly resolving emerging problems and determining system improvements;
- Taking responsibility for validation and integration of the platform;
As software architect, you preferably have the following profile:
- A Background as a Software Engineer, with a minimum of 10 yearsâ€™ experience in an equivalent role;
- A Master degree or higher in information technology / software development;
- Experience with guiding software teams on a technical level;
- A passion for software automation, security and networking;
- Experience with building software for complex machines;
- Preferably an expert in Java / other object oriented languages and API design;
- Experience with setting up and maintaining scalable and reusable software platforms;
- Experience with setting up and maintaining Cloud infrastructures;
- Are open minded and an out of the box thinker;
- Are a situational leader with a supportive leadership style;
- Are able to coach a team using a respectful and honest communication style;
- Are able to (re)use open source technologies and tools when more feasible;
- Have an entrepreneurial mentality, with good communication, collaborative and leadership skills;
- Possess eagerness to work in a multidisciplinary and international team of engineers.
Smit Thermal Solutions designs and manufactures thermal process solutions for high-volume manufacturing. SMITâ€™s core competence is focused on machines for thermal treatment. More specific, deposition processes using thermal evaporation, (PE)CVD and ALD for both rigid and flexible substrates. With approximately 50 employees and currently more than 150 installations operating in the solar- and battery industry, Smit is an expert partner to manufacturers aiming for cost-effective mass production in this industry.