Job opportunity: Senior Project Manager (P&L)
Senior Project Manager (P&L)
In the position of Senior Project Manager, you will be leading a multidisciplinary team of Architects, (lead) Engineers and assembly team in a matrix organized environment. Additionally, you are the first point of contact for the customer, subcontractors and other relevant external parties. You will be involved in multiple projects from A-Z, including concept and feasibility studies. As a Senior Project Manager, you are P&L responsible for the projects and will report directly to the CEO.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be:
- Overall P&L responsible for multiple projects;
- Involved in setting up project contracts with the commercial team;
- Responsible for setting up the project plan and resource planning for the assigned projects and providing reports to the customer and management;
- Coordinating and leading the project team;
- Negotiating with counterparts on content, execution, timing, terms, more & less work;
- Looking for life cycle management with the counterparts;
- Following up and monitoring the project planning, budget and costs;
- In close contact with internal and external stakeholders during the progress of the project;
- Reporting and following up on quality and performance issues with Supply Chain;
- Reporting and following up on (internal) process issues with (department) management;/li>
- Guarding commercial information with the customer;
- Reporting and coordinating the need for external resources with HR;/li>
- Supporting Business development and Product management with pre-calculation, risk inventory and budgeting.
- Controlling and coordinating the execution of all technical, financial, logistic and qualitative aspects of the project;
- Taking care of project administration.
- Steering & coaching junior project managers.
As a senior project manager, you preferably have the following profile;
- A background as a Project Manager, with a minimum of 10 yearsâ€™ experience in an equivalent role preferably in a machine building environment;
- HBO/ WO education (level), preferably in the area of mechanical engineering, mechatronics;
- Good command of English language; Dutch is a plus.
- Are result oriented and out of the box thinker;
- Are a situational leader with a supportive leadership style;
- Are able to lead a team using a respectful and sincere communication style;
- Have an entrepreneurial mentality, with good communication, collaborative and leadership skills
- Eager to work in a multidisciplinary and international team.
SMIT Thermal Solutions B.V. is a leading supplier of customized, innovative thermal and coating equipment. The core competences of SMIT are thermal processes as well as deposition processes using thermal evaporation, (PE)CVD and ALD for both rigid and flexible substrates. With our solutions, we answer the needs of the market from pilot to cost-effective high-volume manufacturing. Our location in Eindhoven, with a team of around 60 employees covers all aspects of equipment manufacturing, from design to assembly, installation and customer commissioning. Current focus of SMIT is on profitable product market combinations in Renewable, Battery, Automotive, Semiconductor and parallel application spin-off from our technology portfolio.