Sr. Project Manager, Eindhoven
As a Senior Project Manager, you play a critical role in planning, executing, and closing multiple projects, including
concept and feasibility studies, to ensure they are completed within set project boundaries. You will be leading a
multidisciplinary team of Architects and (lead) Engineers in an international environment. You are responsible for
fostering a culture of continuous improvement and maintaining a strong relationship with key stakeholders. You are
the first point of contact for the customer, subcontractors and other relevant external parties. As a Senior Project
Manager you report directly to the Operations Manager.
Activities and key responsibilities
- 1. Project planning and initiation:
• Lead project initiation, defining internal and external objectives, scope, stakeholders, success criteria and
definition of done.
• Develop comprehensive project plans, including high level and detailed schedules, resource allocation, and
- 2. Project execution:
• Coordinating and leading project teams. Manage project teams and resources to deliver on-time and within
scope. Team members will have clear assignments, bounded by budgeted hours and cost of BoM.
• Ensure effective communication and collaboration among cross-functional teams.
• Monitor progress, identify and resolve issues, and adjust project plans as needed.
- 3. Risk management:
• Identify project, technical, and ESH (Environment, Safety and Health) related risks.
• Develop mitigation and contingency plans.
• Proactively manage issues and changes to minimize project disruptions.
- 4. Quality assurance:
• Manage internal and external deliverables.
• Implement proper reviews and stage gates to ensure compliance.
• Ensure CE, or comparable, compliancy.
- 5. Stakeholder management:
• Cultivate strong relationships with clients, team members, and other internal and external stakeholders.
• Communicate project status (budget, timeline, issues, and risks) and estimate to completion.
• Reporting and following up on quality and performance issues with Supply Chain and (internal) process issues
with (department) management.
• Guarding commercial information with the customer.
• Looking for life cycle management with counterparts.
• Reporting and coordinating the need for external resources with HR.
- 6. Budget and cost control:
• P&L responsible for multiple projects.
• Monitor project finances and ensure adherence to the budget.
• Prepare and present financial reports to senior management.
- 7. Team development:
• Mentor and provide guidance to junior project managers.
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement and innovation within the team.
- 8. Documentation:
• Manage internal and external requirements. Ensure all requirements are met using verification and validation
• Manage project documentation, including archiving and hand-over.
• Manage the Technical File as required by CE (or comparable) directives.
• Taking care of project administration
Profile and skills
As a Senior Project Manager, you preferably have the following profile:
- A background as a Project Manager, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in an equivalent role preferably in a machine building environment;
- HBO/WO education (level);
- At least one Project Management certification (e.g. PMP, Prince II, IPMA, PMBOK);
- Knowledge of industry best practices and project management methodologies;
- Proven track record of successfully managing complex projects, preferably in large assembly machine building environments;
- Result oriented and out of the box thinker;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Have an entrepreneurial mentality, be collaborative;
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and problem-solving abilities;
- Good command of English language; Dutch is a plus;
- Eager to work in a multidisciplinary and international team.
- Competitive salary, depending on experience;
- 27 holidays + 13 ADV days yearly (on a full-time basis);
- 8% holiday allowance;
- PMT pension plan;
- Flexible working hours;
- Annual training budget to keep developing yourself;
- An international environment with international clients;
- A growing organization with career and development opportunities;
- The ability to contribute to a better planet through 'renewable projects’;
- An organization focusing on innovation and technical development;
- Open culture;
- We think a healthy lifestyle is important. Therefore, a piece of free fruit is waiting for you every day;
- An active Staff Association that regularly organises activities;
- Last but not least: great colleagues!
Interested? Please apply by sending your CV and motivation to HR@smit-ts.nl. In case you have any questions about this job opportunity, please call 040-2581500.
Acquisition related to this vacancy is not appreciated.